Sunday, June 04, 2006

Shooting: Rain

Shot today at a new club---their forth ever match. New club, new range officers, and lots of young people running the show. They are very web-savvy as can be seen just by checking out their website. It's nice to see a club making such a big effort to bring in new people to the sport.

It was raining when I left for Spokane, raining when I got to the range, raining lightly and heavily by turns during the match, not raining when I left, and sun shining brilliantly from the suburbs of Spokane home.

I think the rain may have finally affected my pistol as it failed to completely extract a casing for the first time ever on the last stage after being in the rain for six hours---though I tried to keep it covered with my jacket. I need to remember use oil lubricant when it is raining since I usually stick to dry types because of the dirt and dust in our alleged desert.

The Bayern Pilsener was especially tasty.

No comments: