Monday, June 12, 2006

Shooting: Practical


Shot an IPSC/USPSA match on Sunday in La Grande, Oregon. They really had some interesting stages. There were lots of targets and I forgot to engage one on two stages in a row. The first and second time I've had a failure to engage. Probably because I was trying to go faster in anticipation of the big regional meet next weekend.

One stage I was a little slow, but I got a perfect score. It had a door triggered swinging target and a tunnel of loose boards that you had to crawl through while shooting without dislodging one.

The classifier is linked above. I got a high "C" class score, which matches my rating.

So I was expecting my score to be pretty low and I did end up 20th out of 32. However, I was still 96% of my expected average score against an experienced shooter I track. Based on our classifier scores, I should get 57.85% and got 55.57%.

Maybe I'll get some good pictures this weekend---hopefully of the really good shooters and not me, so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I figured out this IPSC thing. Remember the "flashy thing" from the Men in Black movie that causes you to lose your recent memories? I think that's what the box that goes beep really is. You plan out how you're going to run the stage in your head, go through it 10 times, you're all set to kick it's butt... then *beep* and your brain goes blank. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)