Thursday, June 22, 2006

Drinking Beer: Personal Pils

Took a break from wine to tap into some of my homebrew pilsner. Amazingly when I make pils, I make it just the way I like it. Together with Kevin, my brewing partner, we can make 20 gallons of pils at a time with our two systems. Then we lager it in Kevin's garage because he happens to have a walk-in cooler in there. We get soft water in my garage because I happen to have a huge reverse osmosis filter in there. Lucky for us things just happened that way.

We make our pils with about 45 IBUs from a blend of noble hop varieties, dominated with Saaz. We use first-wort hopping and no late hops.

I only had one beer so I made it count---I used a liter mug.

Here's Xandie from the great internet happily handling Spaten mugs just like the one I was using. I was not as happy when mine was empty.

No comments: