Friday, June 09, 2006

Drinking Beer: Finger Fest

Our club is running the beer garden tomorrow at the Finger Fest at Howard Amon Park. I may have a picture of why it's called that tomorrow or next week. It's run by "Frankie Four Finger" though that's probably not why.

We'll be serving: IPA and Tangerine Hefe from Ice Harbor, Hefe from Rattlesnake, Blond from Snipes, Pilsner from Alpine, and PGA (amber) from Snoqualmie.

Like every "club" our homebrew club seems to devolve the heavy lifting for festivals onto only a few people. In our case, mostly Kevin and some me. We will have a few other volunteers to pour beer, wine and take money, etc. However, getting the licensing, barriers, tables, chairs, beers, ice, cleaning tap boxes and setting them up---yep, us.

With my shooting club, it's a different set of people who do all the work. Not me, even though I keep asking to be "involved" it never seems to happen. Maybe it's just something about how clubs work.

Got to taste the Ice Harbor Brewery summer pilsner today---mmmm. It won't last long when it goes on tap for the public, I'm sure.

No comments: