Saturday, June 17, 2006

Shooting: A1-Day 2

Behold the gun kart of DOOM!

So, not quite as fancy as the custom jobs. But I've got a cold box for refreshing drinks. Amazing what some bungies, tie-wraps, and lack of taste can accomplish. Functionally, it worked great.


IPSC will throw some weird shots at you. Here we have to shoot through a 55-gallon drum mounted in a wall. The black painted part of the targets count as misses when you hit it. I forgot what I was doing on this stage and had to come back for this tube. But this one still turned out pretty good for me.



Here's a shot of me standing on the fault line and shooting strong hand at some targets behind a pretend wall. The CRO behind me is watching my gun handling and the other RO is watching everything else. If I commit a safety infraction the CRO will instantly disqualify me. So my main goal for the tournament is not to get DQ'd---10 others have so far.

I had a double feed jam today that cost me over 20 seconds and dropped me down below the median on the list. We have a Grand Master with us in Production Division and I'm shooting a low C class percentage against him. That's about what I expect on field courses with lots of targets and moving for me. One course I did well on got thrown out because later shooters started gaming the dummy. Dang. Nice dummy, waiting for a bus, not wanting to be gamed.

No comments: