Sunday, July 16, 2006

Shooting: Bronze


I got to shoot one of these today---a shotgun with a box magazine.

After working all day yesterday in the sun setting up the stages, I wasn't sure I could do very well today. But, I got 3rd overall and 2nd in my Division. Everyone should be back from 3-gunning next month and I'll be back to trying to hold on in the middle.

The courses we set up seemed to be well received. We had two speed shoots (standing in the box), a classifier (standing in the box), one sitting at a cafeteria table with one-handed (left and right) strings, and two moving field courses.

The side match was a single elimination, head-to-head shootoff. This was the first time I had directly competed with another shooter like that. It's exciting to hear the other guy's shots and to try and match his speed without getting distracted by watching his targets go down. I made it to the second round and went down to the eventual winner (but got a string off him).

Since I got sunburned yesterday, I spent a lot of time under an umbrella that had pride of place in the long-gun rack on the Gun Kart of Doom.

No comments: