Sunday, July 23, 2006

Shooting: Brain Leak

Saturday night we went to a movie and kinda stayed out late. Anyway, my ear sprung a leak while I was asleep, and my brain drained out. That's why we woke up at 4am to drive 235 miles to Renton for an IPSC match this morning.

Hey, what are all these trees doing on the course?

There are so many trees there, they shoot around them and protect the trunks with skirts made from 3x12 rough-cut boards.

I shot with a bunch of Grand Masters and Masters so the match went really fast---fast times and fast resets for the next shooter. I think I may have beat the GM straight up on one course. He had an extra shot, extra hit, and two misses---that's 40 penalty points on a 60 pt stage. However, he got those 20 points very quickly. We'll have to see the final score. Usually, a GM's gun (or anyone above C actually) has to jam for me to get the jump on them.

Dinner in Seattle and the drive back completed the festivities. Woot (a feeble woot).

No comments: