Sunday, June 17, 2007

An Unusual Experience

Update: Never mind. It never happens to me, but the second place shooter got his score corrected. Now I'm a distant second---so that confidence boost just before Nationals? Forget it. I'm back to just trying to not be disqualified.

I spent Father's Day out on the range, as planned, but managed to win Limited-10, which was unexpected. It wasn't just by default either (my usual method), but a third of the competitors were in that class.

I did OK with the rifle, on the side match but obviously need to practice shooting prone. Last time I shot prone, I lay a lot flatter on the ground. Now it's like using a beach ball as a rest.

I had one stage design in the pistol match. It worked out pretty well and seemed to be fun to shoot. I did OK on it, which is unusual as I make stages based on what is hard for me to do.

Both kids checked in and are still alive, so Father's Day was a success for 2007.

No comments: