Saturday, June 16, 2007

Road Sign Up Ahead

In Happy Father's Day Mom, we get a little taste of the future that corporate America has already sensed. Father's Day has always had a tenuous hold, coming as it does after school is out. Mother's Day has the whole school machine behind it, pumping out personalized artifacts galore to bring home to honor that special day.

And, let's face it, the job of mom is pretty secure. Dads are mostly replaced already by the Nanny State after supplying their special contribution---more and more via syringe.

Maybe Father's Day will be better off as a back-up Mother's Day.

I still enjoy Father's Day, and love to hear those special words: Shooter Ready?

Notes for those who misinterpreted my previous post:
1. I'm not saying I don't like Father's Day.
2. I'm not saying I don't like my kids to call on Father's Day.
3. Shooter Ready? is a USPSA command and is not a reference to turkey basters.
4. I'm not saying that school teachers waste too much time on Mother's Day.
5. I'm not saying that Moms can't shoot their husbands and fathers of their children in the back as they lay in bed if they really wanted to.
6. Go away, don't look at us! (gratuitous LOTR reference)

2 comments:

Swamp Guardian said...

That is the strongest, yet politically correct and gender friendliest statement I've seen about Fathers Day. Got your Snugli on, Dad? Looks like you've been there. And I doubt very much you'll get shot in the back; you look toward your enemies, as well as your friends and lovers, I hope.

Hope you have a great FATHERS Day and that you shoot all A's in record time...

(Gollem, Gollem)

Unknown said...

I actually already bought your gift before reading this, but it confirms with me that it was the appropriate purchase.