Monday, July 30, 2007

Roller Coaster

I get a star, because I'm special!

So, I'm back working nights in an even more rigorous burn-out schedule than last year. Now, I get at most three days on the same schedule before switching.

And not just to the next shift, but skipping shifts---going against my rolling internal clock.

It's sort of like walking into a museum and dropping into some artistic roller coaster.

Or maybe a gravity assisted hamster ride.











Where you spin down... down... down... to... something. I forgot.









It's a metaphor for something....wait.... it will come to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Apparently right after the space station went up, all the guys in mission control were on a constantly rotating schedule (so that no one would be stuck on night shift, they said). Of course the result is all of their staff taking pills to stay awake and pills to go to sleep because their sleep schedule keeps moving.