Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mom's Day the 13th

So, if I was an EOD type who disposed of explosives for my job, I would stage a picture like this. It's all in the timing. Then I would send it to my mom for Mother's Day. You know, maybe say something like
Mom! You light up my Life.


This picture is from a "Women at War" series. There's a couple of things to note: She's not wearing ear protection or safety glasses and she's looking through a game gun sight. This is what the Open class guns in the game we play look like. These guns are big, fast, accurate, and picky picky picky. A war-fighting pistol it is not.

She might be on the pistol team though. Just because it's an artificially staged shot doesn't mean she doesn't know how to use that thing. Maybe it's like those college football pictures where the guy isn't wearing pads or a helmet. The Army sponsors a team and one of the members shoots at big tournaments in the NW. I would count that as a cool military job. It better pay well to buy one of those guns.

Her mom better not see her shooting without PPE (personal protective equipment)!

P.S. Check out the video of Travis above---he really does reload that fast!

No comments: