Saturday, May 27, 2006

SF: Still Going

If you have ever in your life felt that you were odd or didn't fit in, come to a con because all the people just like you are here. That goes as much for the pros, and perhaps more, as for the fans. For example, we have Dragon. Exhibit A for turning a childhood obsession into a business. I suppose it helps that he only sleeps a few hours a night. Dragon is great to hang out with, but he always makes me feel like I'm not holding my end up, as it were.

Jerry Oltion is an uber-fan that is also a pro. He writes novels, but also builds his own telescopes and homebrews too. So last night at the party, we talked about beer, yeast selection--- you know, important stuff.

I'm resting up (OK, icing beer down) for the room party tonight that we're helping with.

No comments: